Because my life is anything but normal....

Feb 18, 2017

Petunia Skincare Professional 12 Set Makeup Brush Kit - Review




Here's my review of Petunia Skincare's Professional 12 Set Makeup Brush Kit.




  These brushes come in a decent travel case/pouch with a magnetic button closure. The case is pretty stiff and doesn't lay flat when you first get it, but it should soften over time and be easier to lay open on a surface. It has a flap that lays over the brushes when it is closed to keep debris from getting in the bristles. If it loosens up, it is a great case because it has space that you could probably fit an extra brush or two if they've got small handles. It also rolls up to a manageable size. You can easily place it in most purses without using up too much space.







Each brush is individually wrapped in clear plastic when you first open it. I would definitely recommend washing them before you use them (as with any new brush), which you can easily do with soap or shampoo and water. You can also blow dry them if you don't have time to let them air dry. The brushes are made of natural (goat and pony hair) and synthetic hair. While the natural hair brushes seem to hold up rather well, the synthetic brushes can lose their shape very easily if you're not careful how you store them.


  This kit includes 12 brushes:

  • Powder brush
  • Blush brush
  • Foundation brush
  • Eyeshadow brush
  • Smudge brush
  • Fan brush
  • Concealer brush
  • Eyebrow brush
  • Eyeliner brush
  • Sponge applicator
  • Lip brush
  • Spoolie brush


  It also comes with several brush guards that I haven't used yet but could really come in handy for helping your brushes keep their shape in and out of the case. I also really like that it comes with an instructional insert that identifies each brush, what it is used for, and most state which kind of hair they're made out of.
 







 These brushes are supposed to be "professional studio quality".
Do I feel like these are TRUE professional quality? No. I don't.
Do I think they're good quality?
Definitely. They're better than most brushes you're going to get at a basic store like Walmart or Target, but they're not as good as what you'll get at a high-end store.




  In all, these brushes are alright depending on what you're using them for. The variety of brushes that comes in the set is great. I don't think I've ever seen a kit that comes with this combination of brushes for the price. Really, you'll pay more for each brush individually for the same quality or fewer brushes. If you're looking for brushes that will do the job decently without costing a lot, these are perfect. If you're looking for professional brushes, these might not be for you unless you're looking to supplement brushes you already have or want additional brushes for travel.




















** Disclaimer**
I was provided a product or coupon for testing and review purposes. In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that all opinions are my own and I will only endorse items which I truly feel are of value to my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment