Because my life is anything but normal....

Nov 21, 2014

Dr. Song 50% Lactic Acid Gel Peel Review





   I've never really tried many peels, not because I was scared to, but because they're so expensive. I refuse to pay to get a peel professionally because its highway robbery, but at the same time I haven't found many products that are budget friendly that I TRUST. I've recently discovered Dr. Song products and I've fallen in love with them. It just made sense to me to try their gel peel because they make high quality products that I can depend on.


  I scoured reviews before I tried it. I wanted to see what everyone else had to say and what their results were. I didn't want to make any mistakes! Dr. Song sends the peel instrutions to your email when you order, but I wanted to see how other people reviewed this product and what their experiences were. I found mixed reviews that both impressed and terrified me.









 


  This lactic acid peel comes in a frosted glass bottle with a dropper built into the lid for dispensing. It has the classic shiny silver Dr. Song label. It looks very classy and high quality. The gel is clear and odorless, so there isn't any perfumes or dyes to irritate your skin or senses.









  The first time I tried it, I applied it with a cotton ball and left it on for one minute, and then rinsed with water. I had very little stinging or burning, and my skin never peeled at all. The second time, I used a cosmetic pad and left it on for one minute again. I must have done it correctly the second time because it stung pretty bad and my skin started peeling about 4 days later. I also noticed a few changes after my second peel. My skin felt softer and smoother, and even looked a little brighter.






  My third time I used a cosmetic pad to apply it, and I left it on for 3 minutes. I could barely stand the burning and stinging so when the 3 minutes were up, I quickly rinsed it off with water. I was really worried that I'd have serious redness or burns but I didn't. My skin peeled a few days later and my complexion looked more even with some slight fading of old acne scars. I've been waiting at least a week between each peel because I want my skin to get used to it. I might eventually switch to 2 or 3 minutes twice a week and see what that does for me.



  Overall, I have had some slight redness and some peeling after using it but nothing extreme. I've had the benefits of smoother, brighter skin, a more even skin tone, and some fading of old acne scars. As long as you follow the directions and use common sense, this is a wonderful peel. I would recommend it to anyone that doesn't have super sensitive skin. If you DO have really sensitive skin, you might want to try a peel with a lower percentage of lactic acid (20% lactic acid or lower) until you know how your skin will react.


  If you want to give it a try, you can find it on Amazon.













** Disclaimer**
I was provided a product or coupon for testing and review purposes. In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that all opinions are my own and I will only endorse items which I truly feel are of value to my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment