Because my life is anything but normal....

Oct 7, 2014

Dr. Song Rosehip Oil Review








I've used several different oils, but I've never used rosehip oil before or anything from Dr. Song. I've never even heard much about rosehip oil before, so this has been a learning experience all around for me.






 A bit more about rosehip oil and then I'll continue onward to my review. 
I want to make sure to provide some education on rosehip oil because I'm sure a lot of you haven't even heard of it before.


A quick Google search reveals that "rosehip seed oil is full of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids that are known to correct dark spots and hydrate dry, itchy skin, all while reducing scars and fine lines."

Digging deeper, I found that rosehip oil is extracted from the seeds of a wild rose bush. 
Rose hip seed oil is high in the essential fatty acids linoleic acid (omega-6) and linolenic acid (omega-3). In case you (like me) are curious about everything on the planet,
 rosehip seeds look like this:



Digging even deeper, I found that you can use rosehip oil for a ton of different things like:
  • Pigment reduction
  • Healthy nails
  • To get shiny hair
  • As a hot oil treatment for dry hair
  • Moisturize and nourish dry skin
  • Dandruff
  • Scar reduction
  • Sunburn
  • Anti-aging
  • Improved complexion
  • Dermatitis
  • Acne
  • Eczema


So, now that we've all learned something, back to my review.
I'm pretty impressed with the quality of this rosehip oil because just about everything has SOMETHING added to it. Dr. Song's rosehip oil has no added oils or scents, it's USDA certified and it's organic. It doesn't stink, it doesn't smell unpleasant, and it doesn't have perfumes. If you are sensitive to fragrances in other oils, this is a great product for you.





I love the bottle that this comes in. Maybe I'm a sucker for blue glass bottles, but I think the blue glass coupled with the silver label is simple, pretty, and classy. I suppose the only negative thing I can say about the packaging is that it is so simple that it doesn't really include much information. The label tells you about the rosehip oil in general, but doesn't include any instructions, tips, or helpful uses. You'll have to turn to the internet for that. The bottle has a simple dropper, and pretty much anything that you only use a few drops of has the potential to last for a really long time, so the value is great.


My absolute favorite thing is how many different uses there are and I'm still discovering more uses. I've been using it for my acne scarring and mixing it with my nightly moisturizer.
I usually apply it directly to my scars in the morning. I've noticed that my scars appear lighter after a few weeks and I can only hope it will continue to improve the longer I use it.

At night when I go to bed, I mix a few drops with my moisturizer and apply to my whole face. My skin retains moisture much better and seems to have what I would consider a healthy glow. My fine lines even seem to be fading a little as well. If you're looking to use this as an anti-aging product, don't expect immediate results. From the information I gathered, you should use rosehip oil twice a day and you'll see results after a few months. It takes time for your skin to repair.





Even though this is an oil, it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy and my skin hasn't been oily outside of my usual T-zone oiliness. This is a real plus for me because anything that has an oil in it usually makes me break out or it makes my skin oily. I haven't had any problems with this at all.


Bottom Line: Dr. Song's rosehip oil is great quality and a good value. A 4oz bottle should last a really long time, the price per ounce is comparable to other brands, and most other brands come in smaller sizes. It is effective for many things without having the negatives that come with other oils. I would recommend it and I will be continuing to use it myself.


If you want to try it for yourself, you can find it on Amazon.







** Disclaimer**
I was provided a product or coupon for testing and review purposes. In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that all opinions are my own and I will only endorse items which I truly feel are of value to my readers..



No comments:

Post a Comment