Because my life is anything but normal....

Jan 23, 2015

Dr. Song 20% Salicylic Acid Peel - Review



 I recently got the opportunity to try (and review!) another wonderful Dr. Song product


I'm relatively new to peels, but I've used several other Dr. Song products in the past and I've always had good experiences with them. They're quickly becoming one of my favorite brands.


 I've recently been experiencing severe acne. I spent my whole life with wonderfully clear skin until I approached 30 and started getting massive breakouts. Since I've never had to worry about it before, I've had to scour for information and try tons of products to find something that gives me back my clear skin.


 I've tried just about every OTC acne treatment I could find and they didn't really seem to help. This salicylic acid peel seems to be doing far more for me than any other acne treatment. I really love this brand in particular because it looks and feels like professional quality. You KNOW you're using a high quality product.






 I have been using this peel every other week for 2 minutes at a time. I wash my face, I apply the peel with a kabuki brush to the oiliest parts of my face first then I apply all over and leave it on for about 2 minutes. I neutralize with baking soda and water, rinse, wait 20-30 minutes, then I moisturize. I haven't noticed any sensations other than a mild tingling and my skin hasn't really peeled, but I have noticed that my skin is improving. I have a more even skin tone, smoother skin, and less breakouts. I haven't noticed any change in an acne scar that I have, but I didn't really expect to see any change anyway.






 There are a few things that I cannot stress enough if you're going to try this.

 Firstly, it seriously dries your skin out. You have to moisturize religiously if you don't want dry, flaky skin.

 Secondly, it would probably be super harsh on sensitive skin. I get a little redness after using it, and some peeling on my nose and forehead area for a day or two, but I think this would be a little much if your skin is sensitive already.

 Third and lastly: if you have oily skin and frequent breakouts, this will help, but only if you use it on a regular basis. You have to set some sort of schedule because it treats the problem instead of "fixing" it. If you constantly use it or suddenly stop using it, your skin will make you regret it. You'll get redness and burning from using it too often, or your breakouts will come right back in full force if you suddenly stop using it. I recommend it to maintain your clear skin.

 Once my skin is completely clear, I'll probably only use it once a month to maintain it. This peel has worked for me where most everything else has failed. I'll definitely keep using it and I would recommend it to anyone in the same boat as me.



















** Disclaimer**
I was provided a product or coupon for testing and review purposes. In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that all opinions are my own and I will only endorse items which I truly feel are of value to my readers.








No comments:

Post a Comment