Because my life is anything but normal....

Nov 23, 2014

i2 Gear® Raptor Universal Dashboard/Windshield Car Mount Review


   In this day and age of technology, you'd think that companies would be even more in sync with what consumers want and need. With social networking, you'd imagine that companies would be better equipped to provide exactly what people are looking for. We post about it every day!



   In my case, you'd think that GPS would have all the features I want, but I'm still left wanting. As a matter of fact, I think that the best thing for people like me is for Google to make a GPS system that you can mount in your car, but I don't know of one. I honestly prefer Google maps to my Garmin in my car. It is really hard to hold my phone while I drive, and setting my phone on the shelf in my dashboard just ends badly.... with trying to fish my phone out from underneath my seat when I make a sharp turn. Unfortunately, my phone doesn't fit in my Garmin mount because it is custom made specifically for the Garmin.




 I thought about buying a mount specifically for my phone but I didn't want to only use my phone. I might be the only one, but I feel weird if my GPS isn't up there. I like to see my speed and know what road I am on at all times, I'd just rather use my phone for directions and navigation. 


 Thankfully, I was given the opportunity to try out the Raptor Universal Dashboard Windshield Car Mount. I have to say that I love this thing. This mount gives me the freedom to use my phone for navigation whenever I want and to use my Garmin when ever I want because they both fit in it. It has great features that just can't be beat.
Some of these features include:

QUICK THUMB CLAMP RELEASE - Mount your device in seconds
PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT - The tough spring clamp grip takes a stingy grip :). It firmly holds your device in place.
FULL 360 DEGREE VIEWS - Supports full side to side, pan to vertical or horizontal placement
COMPATIBILITY - Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C/4/4S/3GS Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/S2/Note/Note 3 HTC One/8X/8S Nokia Lumia 925/928/920 Blackberry Q10 & Z10 LG Optimus G/Nexus 4/Nexus 5 Motorola Droid RAZR/MAXX/HD/MOTO X and many more.






 This mount is strong. Where my Garmin mount will fall off the windshield sometimes, I haven't had any problems with this. The suction cup has a lever that you push down pretty hard until you hear a click and then it is basically locked to your windshield. I didn't try it on my dashboard, so I really can't say how well it will mount on a dash.






  It is super easy to use as well. It swivels easily, but it also has a knob that you can tighten over the "swivel ball" to lock it in place at the angle that you want it. When I say that it locks into place, I mean that it really stays put. It hasn't budged from the weight of my device, bumps, turns, or any other conditions. You can also mount it in either direction to reduce glare on your device. It opens rather wide, I imagine you could fit most GPS systems or cellphones that have a screen less than 5-inches in it, and it really grips devices well. The clamp has red rubber grips on both sides that literally won't let your device go. If you buy it, make sure to hold the clamp open fully when you remove your device so you don't get rub-off from the grips and you avoid breaking the mount's grips. Another great thing about this is that the clamp isn't really wide so there is enough room to charge your device while it is in the mount, no matter where the charging port is located on the device.






 My conclusion:
 I would buy this ANYTIME. It is well worth the cost and works exactly as described. It really meets my needs in my car because I can switch devices whenever I want without having to switch the mount out. It is sturdy and stays in place on my windshield. The weight of my Galaxy S4 doesn't cause the clamp to fall even with the 360 degree swivel feature because of the unique lock. It does everything I want it to and more.

















** Disclaimer**
I was provided a product or coupon for testing and review purposes. In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that all opinions are my own and I will only endorse items which I truly feel are of value to my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment